Introducing our mouthwatering Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe! This classic dish is known for its tender beef, savory sauce, and comforting flavors. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can easily prepare a delicious and hearty meal that will have your family and friends coming back for seconds. The combination of tender beef stew meat, onions, garlic, and mushrooms slowly cooked in a flavorful broth creates a rich and aromatic base. The addition of Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and paprika adds depth to the sauce, while the tangy sour cream brings a creamy and indulgent touch. Served over a bed of cooked egg noodles or rice, this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is a satisfying dish that will warm your heart and leave you wanting more. So, let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make this comfort food classic with ease and minimal effort. Get ready for a culinary delight that will impress your loved ones and create lasting memories around the dinner table!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cooked egg noodles or rice, for serving
- Place the beef stew meat, chopped onion, minced garlic, and sliced mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and paprika. Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. The beef should be tender and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and all-purpose flour until smooth.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir in the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker. Make sure to mix it well with the beef and sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker again and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the beef stroganoff over cooked egg noodles or rice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can mix an additional tablespoon of flour with a little water and stir it into the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking.