As the seasons take a turn and the temperatures begin to dip, nothing brings comfort and warmth more than a bowl of hearty, nutritious soup. Today, I’ll be sharing a simple yet exquisite recipe that is both nourishing and easy to prepare – Slow Cooker Cauliflower, Potato, and White Bean Soup.
This bowl of velvety goodness serves as the perfect remedy to a chilly day. The blend of cauliflower, potatoes, and white beans offers a delightful mixture of textures and flavors, making each spoonful truly exceptional.
Get ready to fall in love with this vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious soup recipe that is sure to become a new staple in your home kitchen.
Slow Cooker Cauliflower, Potato, and White Bean Soup Recipe
1. 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2. 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
3. 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
4. 1 large onion, diced
5. 4 cloves of garlic, minced
6. 4 cups of vegetable broth
7. 1 cup of coconut milk (full fat)
8. 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
9. Salt and black pepper to taste
10. Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Place the cauliflower florets, cubed potatoes, drained white beans, diced onion, and minced garlic into your slow cooker.
2. Add the vegetable broth, ensuring that the ingredients are fully submerged. Sprinkle in the dried thyme, and add salt and black pepper according to your preference.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. If you prefer a chunkier soup, simply pulse the blender a few times, but for a smooth soup, blend until completely pureed.
5. Stir in the coconut milk, ensuring it’s well combined with the soup. Allow the soup to cook for another 15-20 minutes on the low setting.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and serve hot.
There you have it, a comforting bowl of Slow Cooker Cauliflower, Potato, and White Bean Soup – the perfect meal to warm up those colder evenings. It’s a testament to how simple ingredients, when combined and slow-cooked to perfection, can create a wholesome and deeply satisfying dish. I love how this soup takes minimal preparation and then the slow cooker does the rest of the work, filling the house with an intoxicating aroma as it simmers away.
This recipe is easily customizable; feel free to add other veggies or spices to suit your preference. You can pair this soup with a slice of crusty bread for a complete meal. The leftovers, if any, taste even better the next day as the flavors get a chance to meld together overnight. Happy slow cooking, and stay warm!