Introducing a comforting and satisfying dish that combines the best of two classic favorites: Slow Cooker Chili Mac. This hearty recipe brings together the rich flavors of chili and the comforting appeal of macaroni in one delicious bowl. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can let the ingredients simmer and meld together, creating a robust and flavorful chili that will leave your taste buds craving for more. The tender ground beef, aromatic spices, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes create a luscious base, while the addition of elbow macaroni adds a delightful twist, making it a complete meal in itself. Whether you’re cooking for a family gathering or simply seeking a cozy weeknight dinner, this Slow Cooker Chili Mac will not disappoint. So, gather your ingredients, set your slow cooker, and get ready to enjoy a bowl of comforting goodness.
Slow Cooker Chili Mac Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the cooked ground beef. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced green chilies, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the chili to thicken.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked macaroni.
- Stir the cooked macaroni into the slow cooker with the chili mixture. Make sure it is well coated with the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker again and continue cooking for an additional 20-30 minutes on low heat, allowing the macaroni to absorb some of the chili flavors.
- Serve the Slow Cooker Chili Mac hot, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Enjoy your hearty and flavorful Slow Cooker Chili Mac!