Capture the essence of Southern cuisine with this Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe. This classic Louisiana dish is a flavorful medley of tender chicken, smoky Andouille sausage, succulent shrimp, and a vibrant blend of vegetables and spices. Slow-cooked to perfection, this jambalaya recipe allows the ingredients to meld together, creating a hearty and satisfying one-pot meal. With its rich flavors, enticing aromas, and the convenience of a slow cooker, this recipe will transport you to the heart of New Orleans, filling your kitchen with warmth and your taste buds with pure delight. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a taste of the South, this Slow Cooker Jambalaya is sure to impress.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 lb (450g) boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb (450g) Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 lb (450g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sausage, and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, thyme, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the meat to become tender.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the raw shrimp. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Taste the jambalaya and season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Serve the slow cooker jambalaya over cooked white rice. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Enjoy your delicious Slow Cooker Jambalaya!