Today, I’m excited to share a dish that is both unbelievably tasty and remarkably easy to prepare. It’s our Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken recipe, and it’s about to become your new go-to dinner delight!
The star of this dish is, of course, the chicken, but it’s the way we prepare it that truly makes this meal sing. We slow cook it to perfection, then coat it in a buttery Ritz cracker crust that delivers a delightful crunch in every bite. With only a handful of ingredients and your trusty slow cooker, this dish is perfect for busy weeknights, cozy weekends, or any time you want to treat your family to a hearty, home-cooked meal.
Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1.5 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about one sleeve)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and white wine (if using). Pour this mixture over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker, ensuring they are well covered.
4. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
5. About 30 minutes before serving, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
6. In a separate bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter.
7. Carefully transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a baking dish, spooning some of the slow cooker sauce on top. Then, evenly spread the Ritz cracker mixture over each chicken breast.
8. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cracker crust is golden and crispy.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve hot, and enjoy!
And there you have it, folks – our simple yet scrumptious Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken! This dish is a beautiful symphony of tender chicken, creamy sauce, and a crunchy Ritz cracker crust. It’s hearty, comforting, and guaranteed to make your taste buds dance with delight.
The best part is that it practically cooks itself, giving you plenty of time to relax or catch up on your to-do list. Whether you’re a slow cooker veteran or a newbie in the kitchen, this dish is sure to impress. We can’t wait to hear how much you love it!
Remember, good food is all about experimentation and sharing. So, don’t hesitate to share your experiences, tweaks, and of course, your mouthwatering pictures in the comments section below. Until our next culinary adventure, happy slow cooking!