Introducing my comforting and nutritious Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe, a wholesome dish that is both easy to prepare and incredibly flavorful. This recipe combines an array of vibrant vegetables, aromatic herbs, and a savory broth, resulting in a delicious and satisfying meal. The slow cooker method allows the flavors to meld together, creating a rich and hearty soup that is perfect for those seeking a nourishing and fuss-free option. With its versatility, you can customize this soup by adding your favorite vegetables or incorporating beans and grains for added protein and substance. So, let’s dive into the world of slow-cooked goodness and enjoy a bowl of warm, homemade vegetable soup.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Place the diced onion, sliced carrots, celery, minced garlic, diced bell pepper, and diced zucchini into the slow cooker.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes (including the juice) and vegetable broth to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle in the dried thyme, dried oregano, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients in the slow cooker to combine well.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. The vegetables should be tender.
- Once the soup is cooked, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup.
- Ladle the vegetable soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve the soup hot and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to add or substitute other vegetables according to your preference. You can also add cooked beans or grains like lentils or quinoa to make it heartier.